And1 Relaunches Streetball Tour, Will Hold Tryouts In New York
Its Mixtape Tour spawned a generation of freelance hoops stars who loved the game but not the fully controlled nature of high school, or college or even the NBA, and led the way for the term streetball. Flashy nicknames, trash talking tees, and hip hop music all fell into a cultural revolution based on the hardwood. While streetball never really went away, its light certainly dimmed for a while. But now the brand synonymous with that genre is back, and it’s bringing its high flying and flashy tour with it. On Wednesday the AND1 apparel and sneaker brand, in conjunction with ...
Beat The Streets Gala, ‘Rumble on the Rails’ Raises Record $1.5 Million For NY Youth Wrestling
A landmark day of wrestling and international cooperation was capped by an historic evening of celebration and philanthropy on Wednesday as USA Wrestling and Beat The Streets Wrestling, Inc., a youth development organization that believes wrestling is the superlative tool for nurturing boys and girls into capable young men and women, teamed to raise a record of $1.5 million for the organization. It began with “The Rumble on the Rails,” a pair of dual meets featuring top squads from USA, Iran and Russia, powerhouses in the sport, held at Grand Central Terminal, followed by the annual Beat the Streets Awards ...
U.S. And Russian Lineups Announced For The Rumble On The Rails In Grand Central Terminal In New York City On May 15
The lineups for the United States and Russia for “The Rumble On The Rails” at Vanderbilt Hall in Grand Central Terminal in New York City on May 15 have been released. Three of the world’s top powers, Iran, the United States and Russia will come together in solidarity in this historic wrestling event, which is a showcase competition as part of World Wrestling Month, declared by the international wrestling federation (FILA). The competition will be held alongside the annual Beat the Streets Awards Gala, which will be held following the competition at Bryant Park Grill. A ticket will be required for both ...
- And1 Relaunches Streetball Tour, Will Hold Tryouts In New York
- Art Rooney Pace Remembers Steelers Founding Father At Yonkers Raceway June 1
- Beat The Streets Gala, ‘Rumble on the Rails’ Raises Record $1.5 Million For NY Youth Wrestling
- U.S. And Russian Lineups Announced For The Rumble On The Rails In Grand Central Terminal In New York City On May 15
- Last Jackie Robinson Glove Hits Auction May 1
- USA, Iran, Russia To Compete In Grand Central Terminal May 15 As Part Of Beat The Streets Gala
- Fordham To Celebrate Hall Of Fame Baseball Legends In Ceremonies On Sat., April 20
- Yanks, Mets History Comes To Life In New Children’s Book
- NIT Champ Baylor Wins First Men’s Postseason Hoops Title
- Red Sox Phenom, Jackie Bradley, Jr., Makes Successful Major League Debut at Yankee Stadium